Why have a Counsellor in school?
When children are experiencing difficulties at home or in school their concentration and the way they behave can be adversely effected. A school based service brings counselling to children in a place that is familiar, safe and secure. By providing emotional support and enabling children to ‘off load’ feelings and anxieties counselling can help a child to concentrate more in class, feel better about themselves and build their self-confidence.
How do I know it is safe for my child to see a YCT counsellor?
YCT is an accredited organisational member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy-this means that all our counsellors are:
- Qualified to a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling
- BACP accredited or working towards accreditation
- Experienced in working with children OR are in the process of gaining this experience through supervised practice
- CRB checked
- In receipt of regular clinical and line management supervision
- In receipt of regular continuing professional training
- Familiar with and working within Essex Safeguarding Children Policies and Procedures.